Monday, August 31, 2009

More Cool Stuff coming

I have been SO busy lately that I haven't had time to post anything. :( But there will be some fun stuff coming soon. I want to expand my little creations into food. Yep. I'd like to start trying some cakes. I've seen Ace of Cakes one too many times and I'm dying to make something fun. I tried working with fondant and the stuff is great. You can really do some amazing work with it. It's like sculpting with food. One problem though. It tastes absolutely awful. I made a cake and did something that was supposed to look like a popcorn box. It turned out pretty good considering it was my first time baking really. But with the fondant on it, it was like eating a plastic bag. Arg! This was the store bought fondant too. I have heard that homemade is much better but I am still learning and don't know if I could whip up my own batch quite yet. Next try...... regular icing. Updates soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment